- Model NO.: Trough
- Trademark: SPT
- HS Code: 84199090
- Type: Distillation Equipment
- Origin: China
Other then packing, liquid distributors are probably the most important item in tower internals. Proper liquid distribution usually determines the successful operation of the tower and the performance failure of many packed towers stems from liquid distribution problems. In addition to providing a uniform liquid distribution pattern to the top of the packed bed, the distributor also must provide sufficient gas passage area to avoid a high pressure drop or liquid entrainment. The liquid distributor should have a flow range suitable for the service, and provide resistance to plugging, fouling, and foaming.
The selection of type of liquid distributor depends on:
• Liquid rate
• Fouling tendency
• Turndown ratio
• Nature of feed
A liquid distributor may be categorized as the following types:
|Type||Applications & Advantages||Examples|
|• Pipe orifice distributor is suitable when|
vapor velocity is high and 60-70% open area is required to avoid localized flooding.
• Spray nozzle distributor preferable for heat transfer applications.
• Low cost; simple construction; easy to support; and generally consumes less vertical space than most other distributors.
|1. Pipe Orifice Distributor |
2. Spray (Nozzle) Distributor
|Gravity||• The weir type distributor is better suited for the fouling applications and has excellent turndown, but it can usually provide only a limited number of drip points.|
• The orifice type distributor can be designed with a large number of drip points to provide superior liquid distribution.
|1. Gravity Fed Pipe Orifice Distributor|
2. V-Notched Trough Distributor
3. Riser Type Distributor
4. High Performance Trough Distributor