Saiptech's Plate Pack Coalescer
The plate pack coalescers are used to enhance the separation of two immiscible liquids. They perform very effectively in 2 phase liquid-liquid separation or in 3 phase separation provided the feed to the separator does not contain a stable liquid emulsion.
We offer plate pack coalescers in two basic styles:
- Parallel Plate (PP) types consist of a series of plates arranged parallel to the direction of flow but normally angled or tilted to assist the drainage of settled liquids with a typical length of 900mm to 1800mm depending on the required separation duty.
- Corrugate Plate (CP) types which is a honeycomb structure (similar to structured packing without the embossed surface and perforations), typically 600mm thick (less when used principally for wave suppression)
|Type||Style||Plate Pitch||Plate Angle||Fouling Resistance||Droplet Cut Off Range|
|SPP-15R||Parallel Plate||15 mm||45°||Low||20~50 μ|
|SPP-20R||Parallel Plate||20 mm||45°||Moderate||30~100 μ|
|SPP-25R||Parallel Plate||25 mm||45°||Moderate||50~200 μ|
|SPP-25S||Parallel Plate||25 mm||45°||Good||50~300 μ|
|SCP-250R||Honeycomb||25 mm||45°||Moderate||100~300 μ|
|SCP-125R||Honeycomb||25 mm||45°||Moderate||100~300 μ|
Mechanical DesignThe Portfolio of Separator Internals
Our plate pack coalescers occupy a relatively large volume of a separator vessel. In small diameter vessels (typically below 1500mm diameter) where installation and assembly space inside the vessels tends to be limited, installation of the completely assembles plate pack through a flanged open end is generally preferred. Saiptech has developed a special guide mounted assembly to make installation and removal for maintenance easy. In larger diameter vessels, especially in high pressure applications, a flanged open end may not be practical. we therefore also offer plate packs in either a segmented or interlocking block configuration with segments or blocks sized for installation through the vessel manways for final assembly inside the vessel.
The mechanical design incorporates a series of seal plates which prevent liquid by-passing through the space between the plate pack assembly and the vessel wall.
|Inlet Devices||Distributors||Coalescers||Mist Eliminators||Others|
|Deflectors||Perforated Baffles||Plate Packs||Wire Mesh||Desalter Grids|
|Bifurcators||Slotted Baffles||Corrugated Packs||Vane Packs||Sand Jets|
|Multi-Vane||Pipe Distributors||Matrix Packs||Axial Cyclones||Vortex Breakers|
|Cyclone Defoamers||Wave Breakers||Mesh Coalescers||Multicyclones||Anti-Motion FPSO|
The comprehensive service from Saiptech which can be tailored to your project requirements, including:
• process design
• feasibility studies
• detailed engineering
• equipment manufacture and supply
• trouble shooting
• revamp & capacity expansionApplications• Test Separators
• Production Separators
• Electrostatic Treaters
• Liquid/Liquid Coalescers
• Slug Catchers
• Cyclone Separators
• KO & FWKO Drums
• Flare Drums
• Compressor Scrubbers
• Pipeline Scrubbers
• Inlet Distributors
• Sand Removal SystemsSaiptech welcome the opportunity to assist our customers, including end users, EPC contractors and vessel fabricators, to select and customize from our standard range of separation internals to provide an optimized solution for any specific process and vessel configuration.
In an increasingly competitive business environment, we have developed a unique approach to providing added value and benefit to our customers by focusing on quality engineering rather than high volume manufacturing. our vessel internals, including distillation and absorption as well as separation equipment function as the vital organs of a process plant. Therefore, well engineered equipment is not only the key to long term profitability but intelligently engineered vessel internals may often result in lower overall capital costs.